Sunday, September 28, 2014

Early Greenville College

On September 25, 2014 the Moore Scholars hosted an event in which students from Early Greenville College were able to come and tour Clemson to see what it was like to attend a university. As I waited for the buses to arrive I was very excited to show off my school and to teach these kids what it is like to be a college student. As 6th graders, these students still have a while to go before they think about attending college, but as we showed them around campus you could see the interest and excitement in their eyes. They thought our small dorm rooms were the coolest places to hang out and they loved seeing different parts of campus and learning about Clemson's history. Their excitement was contagious and I couldn't help but become excited with them as I started to see my campus through their eyes and appreciate how much I have here at Clemson. As the students left I was happy to know that I was able to make a difference in their lives, if for only a few hours. I truly felt like an "agent of change" because I was able to show students how great college is and motivate them to work hard in school so that one day they could experience college like I have been able to. Unfortunately I was not able to participate all day in the event due to a review session, however, the time I did spend with the kids was unforgettable and a great experience. I am proud to call myself a tiger and proud that I am part of an organization that allows me to help influence others in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment