Tuesday, October 7, 2014

1st GEC Visit!

My first GEC visit was great! I was so excited all week about it and I think the kids were just as excited as I was. They were very engaging in the activities and asked a lot of questions. They loved seeing the dorm rooms and even the library! I think this is a great opportunity for them to see what they can do if they just believe in themselves and keep their grades up. Many of the 6th graders in my group stated that they had to do well in school now because they wanted to come to Clemson. I believe that this experience for them was great and possibly life changing! This was probably the first time some of them had ever been on a college campus in their entire lives. I believe that this type of encouragement will allow them to realize that college isn't too hard for them and that they can achieve it. The planetarium was also very fun! It allowed them to see some of the amazing technology that Clemson has. I loved this experience and I can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment